Another Manitoban has died with COVID-19. The woman in her 60s lived in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
As of Friday, 79.5 per cent of Manitobans have received one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and 69.3 per cent have received two doses.
Public health officials have confirmed 46 new cases of the virus in Manitoba. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 45 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 57,593.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 2.3 per cent provincially and 1.4 per cent in Winnipeg.
Of the 46 cases reported today, the COVID-19 data shows:
- 12 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
- 17 new cases in the Northern health region;
- one new case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- four new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 12 new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
- Today’s data also shows:
- 542 active cases and 55,873 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
- 93 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19, including 34 people with active COVID-19, as well as 59 people who are no longer infectious;
- a total of 25 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19, including nine people in intensive care units with active COVID-19, as well as 16 people who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care;
- 1,613 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 873,199; and
- the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,178.
The outbreak at Marie Thorarinson Estates Assisted Living Facility in Arborg has been declared over.
Due to the August long weekend, some COVID-19 testing site hours of operation may have changed. Check locations and hours at https://manitoba.ca/covid19/testing/locations.html.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is available at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.